Monday, February 22, 2016

Hundred and Brownie

Many of you have seen pictures of "Hundred" but that's not the name you remember him by. Most of you know him as Attila because that's what his name became. But after the death of White 99 I was still obsessed with numbers.

In early April 1990, we went up to Portola Valley to visit my mom's friend Lou who had some kittens. My brother wanted a brown cat but I insisted on an orange tabby. We ended up getting both... they were brother and sister.

Hundred (Attila) was always calmer than Brownie. I remember having cat scratches on my arms when I was 5 or 6, probably from Brownie. But once again, a cat would have a very short life. Brownie was always getting into trouble, chewing up my mom's earplugs and throwing them up.

She ended up climbing a very tall tree at our house on 1191 Payne Dr and falling down. The vet couldn't save her. Attila was now the lone pet in the house, not counting the guinea pigs. (They're another story for later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment