Monday, February 22, 2016

The Magic Dog

Magic was a dog with a nose for food. I first met Magic when I was seven years old. Upon hearing that her name was Magic, I pet her and declared, "I wish for Sim City!" (I didn't say the SNES one but that's what I meant).

And on my 8th birthday I would get Sim City.

Magic lived a long dog life for a purebred, from June 1988 to sometime in the summer of 2002. She's most famous for forgetting how to bark and getting her head stuck in a box of dog treats.

I now know why Magic stopped barking. It's all because of Magic the Golden Retriever, the mascot for Old Navy. Magic turned into a Navy Seal because of that dog on TV. And my imaginary internet girlfriend HaroldtheBat used to be in the Navy and also used to work at Old Navy. I miss her. Maybe she internet looks me up sometimes. I do read her comments on the Salt Lake Tribune, she's the only Disqus person I ever followed.


No comments:

Post a Comment